There are three types of mounting plates. All of them can be mounted on walls or poles.
- length of cable connecting the switch and the DLB device, <100m;
- use FTP cable outside;
- use shielded RJ45 plugs outside;
- it is recommended to solder the drain wire to the RJ45 plug;
- use UTP or FTP cable inside.
Three grounding options are available:
- grounding stud on housing (only DLB 5M-20/90, Echo 5, Mach 5, 2M-14/90);
- grounding with PoE adapter B;
- grounding with PoE inserter C;
Observe signal levels on the LED indicators:
- align both sides of the PTP link at the same time
- align the CPE in a multipoint network;
- standard RSSI thresholds are the top four LEDs.
The Antenna Alignment Tool measures the signal quality between the Master and Slave devices. To achieve the best results when aligning antennas, turn off all wireless networking devices within range of the device, except the device (or devices) with which you are trying to align the antenna. Watch the display for real-time feedback as you adjust the antenna.
Start/Stop – press to start or to stop antenna alignment.
Averaging – if enabled, the graph will display the average signal strength of both vertical and horizontal polarities.
Proper Antenna Alignment
1. Disable ATPC functionality;
2. Set the maximum Tx power;
3. Choose the compliance testing country code during installation.
Once alignment is completed, choose your country code and enable ATPC functionality.